Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vintage Treasures


Sharon Webster is a lovely lady that works in the same facility that I do. She recently went through her mother's attic and found some treasures that she most generously has given to me. This first picture is a box from Wanamaker's. Sharon said that this store was considered the Macy's of it's time. If you had a box from Wanamaker's you had something special. The contents of this box are better than chocolates.





Here are an assortment of beaded lace,trim and glass buttons.



This piece of lace, beaded with an assortment of glass seed beads and bugle beads, also features sequins throughout. Sharon says it was part of an old flapper dress. Can you imagine? I don't have a project for these pieces yet. I do enjoy taking them out of the box and looking at them. I am in awe of the workmanship that went into them. There is an energy that I feel coming from these pieces. I drift into thought, wondering about the people who made and wore these items. Upon recieving them I definitely had a what did I do to deserve this moment. It's better than jewelry. I mean it.

2 comments:

TJ Tarwater said...

Oh, WOW! Those are beautiful!!

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

ahhh!!! vintage stuff....very coll!