Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lantern 2




Hello to you.  I'd like to share my latest lantern.  It was made by layering pieces of tissue paper onto muslin with a diluted glue mixture.  This is the same technique I used to make a photo album cover in an earlier post.  After the piece dried, I cut it into four pieces then sewed them together. I added some squiggly black stitches around some of the shapes.  I trimmed the edges in faux leopard leather then added some bead trim for a little sparkle.  The circular shape is maintained by a wire circle I made with 18 gauge wire covered in white floral tape.  

1 comment:

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

pretty cool...are you hanging that in your cool sun room that we ate in!!!?? is that the fake leapard i gave you? that is very special ya know??? cant find it anywhere.....hahaha!!! love colleen