Wednesday, July 16, 2008

All the time in the world to do nothing



Let me explain what I mean by nothing. I've been on vacation for about a week now. The thought of having time off filled me with excitement. I daydreamed of hours in my art space, sewing and creating. Instead, I should run to the pharmacy, buy an E.P.T. 'cause I'd swear I was nesting. I've been mostly cleaning and organizing. Don't let that sweet face staring into the Quilting Arts mag fool you. My creative well is dry, LOL. I don't know why I find this funny. Hey I find peace in organization which leads me to the next pic.



What's wrong with this picture? The space is too neat. If I was busy making stuff, it would be pretty messy. All is not lost though. I have spent much time surfing the web and came across this free Sweet Bird pattern by Tina Givens, so, I made myself a sweet blue bird of happiness.



Along with some floral embellishments, the bluebird will sit on top of this glass jar filled with these magnetic words. I thought of as many garden related words that I could come up with. I ran the sheet of printed words through my Xyron machine with the laminate/magnet cartridge. Word of advice, glue the sheet to some heavy cardstock before running it through the Xyron. It will make it easier to handle the words. What's great about this project is that you could really personalize the subject matter,depending on the person or occasion. See me in a few weeks for the finished look. HA HA!

No comments: