Saturday, July 19, 2008

Chunky Stampin'

Hello friends. I last posted about my continuing creative slump.  I decided to get on my knees and pray to the Lord.  After doing so this is what happened.



Yipee!  I have a mess again!  On Wednesday, the sun peeked through my brain cloud and I suddenly remembered that Project Runway was starting it's new season.  I don't know what it is about that show, it gets me going.  So I made this Chunky Bee Bag for my "Blue Fly"  accessory wall.



Friday, I decided to make a funky but not chunky paper lantern.  It is still in the works.  I'd say 90% finished, so, I'll be posting that later.   That evening, I visited my neighbor Anna.  She had been talking about making curtains for months. She showed me her kitchen curtains that were made of a retro floral heavy weight material, along with some groovy fringe. Anna likes fringe.  She handed me some chicken, three ears of corn, green washed lettuce and a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi.  When I got home, I called her and asked for the measurements of her kitchen window.  So, here is what I did this Saturday.



I marked a grid pattern, with a air erase marker, onto a muslin curtain panel I sewed.



I used these chunky stamps, fabric paints and tools.



Using yellow ochre I stamped the floral pattern.



I then used a pencil eraser to stamp small olive circles throughout.



Here are the finished curtains, complete with yellow pom pom fringe, light and refreshing.  Thanks for the chicken and I hope you like them Anna.

No comments: