Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Birthday Surprise




This September, the Sew Sew Dolls, a talented group of women who share a passion for making dolls and most things creative, celebrated our first official birthday. Tery, our club leader, glue, and gate keeper, gave each of us a present at our club meeting. In it we had the fixings for a quick lesson in silk fusion and a sewn body from Pamela Hasting's Hot Flash pattern. She transferred our faces onto the pattern. It was quite the hysterical surprise. Some of us started stuffing the body before we even went home. Each doll was to have a color theme chosen by the recipient. My favorite color of the moment was yellow. I had a ball embellishing this body. I appliqued, reverse appliqued, embroidered, and beaded. Her hat is embellished with tassels and needle felted beads. Her bag was a die cut made on the Sizzix Big Kick. Inside, a secret note is sealed away. Although I appreciate all the modern conveniences available to crafters and artists these days, I can't get away from the trusty needle and thread. The yellow palette goes well with my squinting face, don't you think? I can't wait to see what the other gals came up with.

No comments: