Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Creature Feature





This fall I got inspired to create a few odd creatures. The cat was a pattern that I created five years ago. My husband took a liking to the original, so, I decided to surprise him with one this year. He asked that I place a boot mark on his belly. I'll have to think about that. The moon is made of a stuffed felt circle. The craters and facial details were needle felted. Shading was added with a prismacolor pencil. The little witch is my halloween version of my Grinning Annie pattern. She is approximately ten inches tall and has a wire armature. The little monkey looking fellow was inspired by the talented artist, Magda Trzaski. She was featured in the fall issue of Mary Englebreit's Home Companion. Since I was toying around with armatures, it was the perfect opportunity to make one of these creatures just for myself, and add my own twist. He hangs out in my attic workspace, threatening to run away in his melancoly way.




No comments: