Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sophie and Sabrosa


How can I forget to share my littlest muse, Sophie. She is the daughter of my niece Tristan and her wonderful hubby, Chris. They came for a, much too short, visit from Portland, OR, this past summer. When I spotted Moda Fabric's line of sock monkey inspired prints, I couldn't help but make her, her own little sock monkey. I made the curl on top of it's head because I knew a baby would just go for it. Sure enough, Sophie did not disappoint. The first thing she did was stick that curl in her mouth. Her parents named the monkey Sabrosa, which means tasty in spanish. I also made Sophie's little shoes. Unfortunately, she's outgrown them since the picture was taken. I can't wait to see what else this little beauty inspires me to make.

No comments: