Friday, September 26, 2008

A Trip to Mount Vernon


Gwen and me with The Modern Woman


Doreen and Gwen

Doreen and I took a trip to Mount Vernon, N.Y. to visit Gwen at her home for the purpose of picking up dolls for a quilt show Doreen's guild is having this weekend at Pine Bush H.S. in Pine Bush, New York on the weekend of Sept. 27th and the 28th. I was so excited when Gwen, the president of the 3D cloth doll club, agreed to lend us some dolls for the show. She and her club members were sooo generous. I placed all the entries on the carpet of my artspace so that I could prepare labels for each and get a count of the inventory. I soooo wanted to take a pic of myself laying on the carpet with all these dolls around me like that girl did with the rose petals in American Beauty but with a big T-shirt and sweatpants instead of naked. Alas, I was tired and punchy and the brain forgot to take the pic.
Speaking of missed picture opportunities, I would like to know how you bloggers handle photo ops without being rude and intruding on someones space. I ask this because I really wanted to take a picture of Gwen's living room, with the abundance of beautiful dolls she had throughout. I did not want to intrude on her privacy by showing these pics on my blog on top of all she did for us already. I'm sure she would not have minded but I guess I sometimes over think things then the opportunity passes. Maybe Artful Blogging will address this in the future.

No comments: